Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Approaching a Sense of Normalcy

After weeks and weeks of rain, lockdown, and Zoom meetings, I was finally able to get out on my bike for a ride on the Katy Trail. Unfortunately the temperature hit 90° which made the humidity skyrocket (especially along the river front), but it was so nice to go some place besides my 10-block radius I've been walking the past 2 months.
And my friends and I got together for a socially-correct Game Day - no masks, but we sat 6 ft apart in open air on my front porch. We played bingo, which seemed the best option for spreading out because it doesn't have a central game board. To liven it up, we all brought white elephants to give away to the winner of each round. I think the best white elephant was a crocheted toilet paper cover complete with a full roll of toilet paper. Funny how something like that can turn into a "coveted" prize in this day and age.