Thursday, September 15, 2011

Busy Week

One of the very few things I miss about going to work early every day is the sunrises. Since I'm usually biking or driving east, it's so breathtaking to see the Arch or the skyline or the trees in deep shadow against a pink and gray sky - a very peaceful way to start the day. This week I was reminded of that view when I left early to go build robots at MMS. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my camera out while driving, so this picture was actually taken from the McDonalds parking lot where I stopped for breakfast. Three hours at MMS building robots, and then I dashed over to SLUH for the Pre-Engineering class (I'm teaching the boys how to solder flashing LED ciruits), and then back to MMS for their Engineering class (programming the robots) and their after-school Robotics Club. Whew! Very, very rewarding, because the students get so excited with hands-on activities, but so exhausting. I always feel like Jesus and the Lepers ("help me, teach me, save me, Lord...").