Friday, January 6, 2012

Recap 2011

I started this blog just a little before the beginning of 2011; so before making up my list of New Year's resolutions, I thought I'd reflect back over the things I did this past year. I started the year with a month in Florida. It was a great year to do that, since we had record snows last winter.I joined the Sketchbook Challenge group and won the July prize (it was based on a random drawing, not talent). I took 10 online art classes. (I didn't realize it was that many!!! Luckily half of them were free.) And I traveled to Port Townsend, WA for Artfest (planning to go again this spring). I also took an exercise class and logged almost 300 miles on my bike.Bruce and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with a trip to China (that's us in a rickshaw) and his 60th birthday with a trip to the Olympic National Park. I traveled to Portland 3 times for business, and I went to engineering conventions in Minneapolis and Vancouver, BC.I tried out camping over the 4th of July on probably the hottest days of the summer.We got a new driveway and Bruce built me a craft room in the basement.I refereed 5 robotics competitions and taught a high school Pre-Engineering class.The worst part of the year was losing my mom, but as I look back over this list, I realize how much I'm just like her. She was always traveling with my dad, going to different conventions every year or just heading off to a week in Branson. She taught arts & crafts at the Park Dept, and went to exercise class every week. When her mother died, she and I took a cruise to Venezuela. So in that same spirit, I am heading off on another cruise to South America.