Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Christmas - Are You Serious???

I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday when I overheard a customer say, "Christmas decorations already - are you serious???" Suffice it to say that over half the store was devoted to yuletide greetings - this when the temperatures outside have only recently "dropped" into the 90's. The other amazing thing was that all the Halloween decoration were marked down to half-price. If we keep putting things out earlier and earlier and earlier, pretty soon we'll just back up far enough to the proper season.
I also had lunch on the Hill. Not Capitol Hill in Washington DC, but the popular Italian neighborhood in St Louis. I got there a little early, so I strolled around a bit admiring all the Virgin Mary statues in bathtub planters. But since I recently made a comment about the new sod in our backyard looking like AstroTurf, I had to snap a photo of this house with a real AstroTurf front lawn. I guess you have to use a vacuum to keep this yard looking nice and neat.