Saturday, March 23, 2013

Paris Trip

I've been getting ready for my trip to Paris next month. I found several travel books at the library with suggestions for fun, non-traditional touristy things to do. My friend surprised me the other day with a book on Paris markets - food, antiques, crafts, books, etc. I'm sure this book will get tons of good use and is going right into my backpack.
Even though we've had nothing but cold, snowy weather this entire month, I found a cute spring outfit and some comfortable shoes that I plan to take with me. I may look ridiculous wearing these around with a ski coat, but maybe it will be warmer in Paris.
I also made myself a travel journal to keep track of all the things I do and places I visit. I plan to do a lot of sketching and watercolor painting while I'm there, but I got a separate journal for that. I hope everything fits, because with an apartment on the 4th floor and no elevator, I'm only planning to take one suitcase.