Friday, April 26, 2013

Paris Day 21

I took the day off today - a recuperation day. It's a lot easier in the US where everyone has a car and a freezer and plenty of closets. Everyone walks here and/or takes the Metro, which is probably why no one is overweight. The apartments aren't big enough for any extra storage, so they go to the market every day. "Fresh" food certainly tastes better, but sometimes it's nice just to pop a frozen dinner into the microwave. I spent most of the day with my Kindle and my iPod, but I went out in the afternoon for a sandwich. Every time I pass this shop, I always see a big line out the door. Now I know why. I got a brie and lettuce sandwich on a sesame baguette. The brie was so mild, it almost tasted like pure butter. On the way back, I stopped at a clothing store that was having a sale. It's much more depressing to buy clothes here than at home, because the sizes all seem to be quadruple the size measurements we have at home, so 12 translates to a 48. Yikes! I like Italy better where a 12 is more like a 2. I did buy a pair of cropped pants that actually kind of look like something I would probably buy at Eddie Bauer or the Columbia Outlet Store. What can I say? You can't take the tomboy out of the girl.