Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Watercolor Sketchout

The St Louis Watercolor Society started a spin-off group dedicated to urban sketching. I joined them last Saturday at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. The Watercolor Society is a group of professional artists, and you could sure tell it, because in 2-1/2 hours, many of them had painted pictures good enough to hang in a gallery. You can tell which one's mine, because it's the simpler sketch with journaling.
I stepped into the Climatron looking for the restroom and saw the most interesting botanical display. These orange glass globes sticking up through the lilies look almost like tropical birds. I would have stayed to sketch them, but the heat and humidity were unbearable. I'll have to go back some time when it's a lot colder outside so I can appreciate the warmth.