Friday, February 23, 2024

Like Father, Like Son


On most afternoons, Bruce and Charlie have started taking naps on the couch in the living room.


Little did I know that Brian does the same thing. Amber texted me this photo of Brian taking a nap with one of his cats.


For my "Something Old, Something New" February project, I got a book out of the library on crochet patterns. Whenever I've made afghan's in the past, I just used one stitch - double crochet. I didn't realized that there were so many other stitches you could do. This book had over 200 variations; I just tried out 36. I ended up just making a sampler, because some stitches are much easier than others. Maybe for next year's project, I'll crochet an entire afghan, but for now the month is almost up, so it's time to move onto something else.


We've been taking Charlie to Doggie Day Care once a week. He absolutely loves playing with the other dogs and it is nice for us, because we not only get a day off, but he comes home exhausted. We found out that this day care also has a groomer, so we had them give him a bath last week (he really needed it!). He came home so fluffy and sweet-smelling, it was unbelievable. We may have to take him back when it gets warmer and have them cut off some of that fur. For now, it's like having a large teddy bear in the house