This weekend the neighborhood social committee sponsored an outdoor dinner and concert at the clubhouse. Their 60's theme was called, All You Need is Love. Since I rarely go to clubhouse events, I thought I'd go all out and dress up for the occasion. I bought this dress, sunglasses, and earring set off Amazon (very colorful) and helped out at the front desk checking people into the event. I had to laugh at all the other party-goer's who'd also ordered costumes from Amazon. Some even purchased go-go boots (though they swapped them out for their more comfortable tennis shoes after an hour).
This party reminded me of the Ozark Music Festival that Bruce and I went to in Sedalia back in 1974. While I have wonderful memories of that weekend, the state of Missouri doesn't. Historically, most people remember Woodstock when asked about rock concerts from the 70's, but the Ozark music festival actually had much bigger attendance (over 200,000). And in a small farming town like Sedalia, that caused quite a stir.


