Friday, April 15, 2011

Port Townsend


Brian and I took the ferry across Puget Sound to Port Townsend. I've never taken a car ferry before, so that was a first. Brian's friend who does safety inspections for the Port Authority kept calling us to see how we liked the ride. I kept thinking of the movie, "Double Jeopardy," when Ashley Judd drove Tommy Lee Jones car off the ferry into the water.


We stayed at the Harborside Inn right next to the water (this was the view from our balcony). Gorgeous area and we were lucky to have good weather - actually great weather for Seattle. Victoria, Canada is just across the water to the north. Brian and I have both been to Victoria, so we went hiking in Fort Townsend State Park instead. ...and ate. I think we tried out four different restaurants while we were in town.