Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Slot Machines

On the way to Portland, I flew through Las Vegas. I don't think I ever noticed all the slot machines in the terminal before (usually when I'm in Las Vegas, I'm staying). There were so many slot machines, there were hardly any regular seats for passengers. The cheapest machine seemed to be a penny machine, but you could do up to 50 credits. We also did a stop in Omaha (just a quickie to drop off and pick up some people). I didn't realize they were still flooded from the spring rains and snow melt. It was spooky flying in and seeing just the tops of silos, barns, and trees that were submerged in muddy water. I was wondering if we were going to be able to land, but the airport is completely surrounded by an earthen dike - about the only thing keeping the water off the runway.