Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More Journal Class

Work on the Saturday morning journal class continues. I'm not a "speed" artist, so I have started doing the backgrounds at home and just do the collage and writing at the class. It helps me make better progress if I'm not walking in with a blank page. Each week we're assigned a theme - last week's theme was "All the World's a Stage," so I chose Shakespeare's "Midsummer Night's Dream." I actually didn't start with that theme, but my background got so dark that Shakespeare's play seemed to fit.
One week we did Marie Antoinette. It's a little hard to see the detail in this collage, because I used metallic paint which kept reflecting the light from my camera. The brown background is old sewing pattern tissue. It looks very crinkly up close. The collage below is my own practice one I did after watching a You Tube video. I think I like it the best - very colorful - and that lesson was free.