Friday, November 16, 2012

More Art Journal Videos

I've been obsessed with watching art journal videos on YouTube or searching through artwork I find on pinterest, and then trying to imitate the techniques in my own journal. This first picture is my version of Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday. Every week, she posts a video showing how she creates a new page in her art journal. Her artwork is a little wacky, but so are her videos. I think I watch them for the entertainment factor as much as the art techniques.
This one is my version of Magda Bolinska's 2-page spread (also known as Mumkaa). Her blog says she lives in the United Kingdom, but her name and several of her comments (that I can't read) imply that she is originally from one of the Slavic countries. She titled this "Live Simply." I don't always have the same art supplies, so I pasted on a red sunburst that says "Think Positive Today." Close enough.
This last is my version of Anna Dabrowska (also known as Finnabair) - definitely Polish, but her blog shows up on my computer in English (works for me). She usually isn't quite this dark in her style, but the picture intrigued me and I had most of the art supplies on hand. If I could take a class from her, I would in a heartbeat. She has an incredible collage technique mixing silk flowers and metal hardware, then spritzing the entire composition with metallic paints. All 3 of these women design for several different paper studios. It's amazing to me how successful some people are with their online businesses.