Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas

Courtney came in for a little Christmas celebrating. She and Bruce went to the MIZZOU/IL basketball game on Saturday night (his Christmas present from us). Of course, MIZZOU won, but the score kept flopping back and forth the whole time (made for an exciting game). On Sunday, Courtney and I walked down to the Chase theater to see the new Barbara Streisand/Seth Rogan movie "Guilt." Absolutely hysterical. I highly recommend this movie to anyone, especially mothers with grown children. Monday morning I tried out a new cheese, onion, and bacon coffee cake recipe I saw on Carol Mulvenon's blog. It was delicious, but very rich (both in calories and cost - I think I'll stick with my Pillsbury bake-off recipe). Monday evening, we went to the Cathedral for Christmas Eve mass. St Patrick's Cathedral in New York is certainly impressive, but I don't think it holds a candle to the mosaics on the ceilings of the St Louis Cathedral. Those tiny ceramic tiles certainly don't help the acoustics, but the view is incredible.