Monday, January 21, 2013

Atkins Day 1

One of my New Year's resolutions is to lose weight before my birthday (doesn't everyone have the same resolution???). So I decided to try out the Atkins diet. I went online and signed up for their free Quick Start Kit and they sent me 3 snack bars - chocolate, which significantly helps my motivation on this diet as chocolate is my downfall. They also sent me a coupon for a free frozen dinner meal, so since the temps were in the 60's, I hopped on my bike and rode over to Walmart (the only place in town that you can buy Atkins frozen dinners). Walmart is only a 5-mile round-trip ride from my house, but it is very hilly and I have to cross over an interstate. Luckily, when they rebuilt the freeway, they put in a series of tunnels that I can sneak through without having to go out into a busy intersection. I carried the dinners in my backpack on the way home, which even though it was 60 degrees out was still pretty chilly on my back. All-in-all a good workout, except for the fact that I forgot my coupon at home.