Saturday, February 2, 2013

Moonrise Hotel

I had lunch this week with my Nerinx teacher friends at the Moonrise Hotel in the Loop. I really like "boutique" hotels. They are so quirky and have much more personality than the cookie-cutter chain varieties. This staircase is in the lobby of the hotel. The risers are backlit in bright colors, and the chandelier at the top of the stairs is made out of blown glass. Most of the artwork is pretty bold with a 1950's science fiction theme. Lunch was in the Eclipse Restaurant - salads, quiche, burgers, and other sandwiches. The hotel has a rooftop terrace bar, but it was much, much too cold and windy to try it out this time (maybe in the spring). The Moonrise is a green hotel, which is one of the themes this year for my summer teacher academies. Guess that gives me a good reason to go back.