Friday, November 2, 2018

I-70 Challenge Update

I'm sure by now Janet and I have walked back and forth across Missouri at least twice, but unfortunately my Fitbit bit the dust (no pun intended) and has not been recording my steps. After much procrastination, I finally bit the bullet (another clever witticism) and bought a new fitness tracker. But I balked at paying $99 for a Fitbit that seems to have a life expectancy of 2 years, and instead bought a Lintelek (a Chinese knockoff) for $29.
One of the things I really like about this design is that the USB plug is built right into the tracker. You just pull off the wrist band and plug it directly into any USB charger. There is no cable to fool with. So far I've been able to sync my steps with my phone, but I haven't figured out how to sync with my "friends" wearing Fitbits. However, this may have to go on the back burner for a while until I figure out a little more about my car. I swear, buying something new these days requires a degree in computer applications. Whatever happened to simple on/off switches?