Saturday, December 29, 2018

Junk Journals

In my spare time, I like making junk journals. A junk journal is a handmade book made from recycled items like patterned paper, music sheets, envelopes, paper bags, maps, greeting cards, doilies, magazines - just about any piece of paper you might have lying around the house (and my craft room is overflowing with paper). The journals are often embellished with charms, laces, ribbons, stamps, washi tapes, tags, and any other bits and bobs that add a little character to a page.
Some of my journals are holiday themed (Christmas, Halloween, back-to-school).
Some have a travel flavor, especially since I travel so much myself and pick up things along the way.
Some are just plain for fun, depending on what assortment of items I put together from my stash.
But the one thing I never do with these journals is write in them. I tried once, but my mind goes blank when I sit down with a pencil or pen. I gave the last batch to Janet, but I think it's time to find a new home for the new ones so I can make room for my 2019 projects.