Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year's Fitbit Challenge

My sister is my Fitbit partner. It's about the only exercise that we seem to be able to stick with. So I challenged her for the month of January to walk 250,000 steps - that's about 8,000 steps per day. If I make it, she has to buy me a Starbucks gift card. If she makes it, I have to get her an iTunes card. The trouble with doing a walking challenge in January, however, is that it is COLD and I'm not an indoor walker. I think treadmills are boring. So I headed out on a long-distance circuit toward Starbucks (I figured I needed a goal). Along the way, I passed a snowman who looked as cold as I felt. 
I also noticed that the lion statue that marks the entrance to the park was draped in lost winter-wear. I thought about borrowing one of his scarves to help block the wind. On the positive side, I managed to get my 8,000 steps before heading home. Luckily tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.