Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Spring Shopping

I met Janet at the outlet mall to do a little spring shopping. Our timing was perfect, because the temperature zoomed up toward 80. Unfortunately, the outlet mall seemed to be lagging behind the season, because most of their products were still centered around cold-weather clothes. But I managed to find a couple shirts and a pair of shorts.
One thing I've been noticing this spring is that fanny packs are coming back in style. Even the high-end designer, Michael Kors, is advertising fanny packs. It makes me laugh, because I've been ridiculed for years by the younger generation for still wearing them. So this summer, I am suddenly a fashion trend-setter. Janet has a closet-full of Vera Bradley fanny packs, but she couldn't resist stopping in to pick up one more - a navy blue with pink flamingos.