Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Virtual Hiking 2019

Last year my sister and I hiked a third of the Appalachian Trail virtually, mostly because I was inspired by v-logger and thru-hiker,  Peewee (Amanda Bess). This year I thought we'd try out the Pacific Crest Trail, because I've been watching YouTube videos by Second Chance Hiker (Cory Chance). But while I think it's interesting to watch him hike the trail, I don't think it really inspires me to hike it virtually. So instead, I thought we'd "walk" down I-5 starting at the Mexican border in California and see how long it takes us to get to Canada.
We started April 1st at the Outlet Mall in San Diego. Unfortunately Janet can't pass up a shopping spree, so she didn't get very far the first week. I made it up to the Del Mar horse race track, but they don't open for the season until July. It's going to take us a LONG time to get through California, because it's almost 800 miles to the Oregon border.