Saturday, November 25, 2023

Black Friday


The day before Thanksgiving we're out biking in sunny 70° weather ...


The next day it's snowing and the temperature dropped into the teens. Brrrr!!!


Charlie seems to be enjoying it. He likes to go outside and lick the snow off the ground. I just hope his tongue doesn't get stuck to a rock.


I did most of my Black Friday shopping online this year (MUCH easier), but I did make a trip to the Outlet Mall in Castle Rock the weekend before Thanksgiving. They were having so many PRE-Black Friday sales though, the place was packed. 


We stayed home for Thanksgiving and since it was just the 2 of us, I cooked steaks instead of a turkey. The kit I ordered from Hello Fresh came with an aioli black truffle sauce (the white stuff next to the steak). I know truffles are supposed to be a delicacy, but I thought the sauce tasted kind of bleh. Black pepper is all I need on my steak.


This past week Bruce has been busy taking advantage of the unseasonably warm weather by building another retaining wall in the back yard. We're trying to break up some of the mulched area and add a little more interest. We won't be able to add the rock though until next spring (plus, I'd like him to build a 4th wall on the far side of these 3).


Bruce also bought himself a car hitch for his new eBike. My bike carrier isn't nearly heavy enough for his bike (it weighs 60 pounds!), so he bought a heavy-duty carrier to go on the back of the jeep. When spring rolls back around, he wants to take his eBike out to Hidden Mesa and try doing a little mountain biking.


For the time being, he mostly uses his eBike to take Charlie to the dog park. I'm not sure how long that's going to last with all the snow that's predicted. I guess Charlie will have to entertain himself with his toys in the basement.