Saturday, December 9, 2023

Happy Birthday Janet and Jamie


A year ago, Janet came up with the idea of having everyone sign a special t-shirt on their birthday. Goldie was the first name on the shirt, followed by Melissa, etc, etc. As months passed, the shirt became more filled and more colorful. This past week, the last 2 names (the December birthdays) were added to the shirt and it was finally called complete. 


Janet turned 69 this week and decided to spend her special day touring the Christmas lights from the sunroof of her car. Luckily it looks like it was a decently warm night.


The day after Janet's birthday it was pretty warm in Colorado, too, so I went out riding with the Bike Club. We're all starting to look like a group of clones with our yellow jackets, but with the sun so low in the sky these days, it's almost a necessity in order for the cars on the road to see us.


We stumbled on this yard that looked like it threw up the past 50 years of Christmas decorations (and you can see from the background, that half the decorations are those inflatable blow-ups). I know Janet likes to decorate her front yard with lighted toys (see photo above). I just hope she doesn't become eccentric like these neighbors in her "old age" and take it to this extreme.


On my way home from biking, I stopped at Target and bought some gifts for the Toy and Senior Drives. The Senior Center was collecting hats and large-print crossword puzzle books.


For my toy contribution, I bought an Our Generation doll. I love the outfit on this girl, because she reminds me of me - leggins and a hoodie topped off with a ball cap. She also has a little suitcase and passport, so she can go traveling. I'm not the one who donated the pink bicycle, but I thought that was really appropriate, too.


This week, my Ladies Out to Lunch group met for early brunch, since everyone is so busy with holiday prep. I ordered eggs and corned beef hash, which was OK, but not nearly as good as the breakfasts in Chicago.


Since it snowed on Saturday, Courtney and I got together on GoogleMeet to paint. We found an online workshop on watercolor botanicals. Like usual, Courtney's paintings were way better than mine. In my defense, I had to contend with Charlie who kept trying to lick my paints.