Sunday, April 28, 2024

Happy Birthday to Me!


I admit that the weather is often bad on my birthday, but it usually mimics the rhyme, "April showers bring May flowers." I've discovered that in Colorado, "showers" frequently means snow! But I had a birthday Starbucks gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I made the trip out in the bad weather, getting soaked in the process. Luckily it really wasn't all that cold. There were even people going into Starbucks wearing shorts.


The trees don't seem to mind the snow. They are flowering anyway (that's white flowers, not snow on those trees). I guess it could have been worse. I heard they had tornados in KC. 


The funny thing is just a couple days before, Bruce and I spent our anniversary hiking at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. The snow-covered mountain in the background is Pike's Peak. 

The Garden of the Gods has some interesting rock formations. This one is called Siamese Twins. When you look through the opening between the two rocks, it perfectly frames Pike's Peak.

You can see what I mean by crazy weather. The day before my birthday we were doing yardwork wearing shorts and t-shirts. I actually couldn't stay out very long, because the sun was so intense, and my sunscreen just wasn't cutting it.


Charlie got relegated to the basement, because every time we let him out, he kept digging up the plants Bruce had just put in. That "bush" next to Bruce is actually a Montgomery Blue Spruce. In about 10 years, it will be 10 feet tall. But for now, I had to buy the small size, because that's the only one that would fit into my Mini Cooper.