Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Happy Birthday, Charlie


Charlie is 1 year old today!


12 months ago, I got a call from the breeder telling me she had availability on a male goldendoodle. It's hard to believe that a newborn puppy could exhibit traits that would identify his personality a year later. But this photo taken the day after he was born shows him eating while all the other puppies are sleeping. His appetite is still just as strong. No matter how quietly I try to open the pantry door where his food is kept, he comes racing in from the other room. His hearing is like radar where food is concerned.


Charlie still likes to play with toys. Matter of fact, I have to clean up every night, because he leaves them strewn all over the floor.


But he's still not the fondest of car rides. He'll tolerate them, though, if it means he's on his way to play with his friends at doggie day care.


Raising a puppy this past year has been a lot of work. I don't remember Wally being quite so clingy. But Charlie has also been a lot of laughs - quite the personality. I guess we'll keep him.