Monday, September 30, 2024

The Warm Days Just Keep Coming


It's been unseasonably warm here, so I decided to take advantage of it and go on a hike with Bruce and Charlie. We actually went back to the park that Bruce took Charlie to last week. His pictures looked so good that I wanted to hike it, too. The trouble was, I haven't hiked in 5 months, so I'm in really bad shape. People think if you bike all the time, hiking should be no problem. But the muscles they use are completely different.


So when we got back to the bottom of the trail, I talked Bruce into heading into Kittredge (just a mile down the road) to a barbeque place I'd seen online. They have a gorgeous dog-friendly patio that sits right next to Bear Creek. Charlie was really well-behaved, especially when we slipped him a few sweet potato fries.


I had my usual pulled-pork sandwich, only these sandwiches were topped with fried pickles. They were really tasty, but I've never had them on top of a sandwich before.


On Saturday, we had our neighborhood Club Fair. I sat with a couple guys from the Bike Club. We always get people who want to join the Bike Club, because they see photos of our coffee stops on Facebook. But when they hear you have to bike 10 miles to get to the coffee shop, they tend to drift away. I designed a new jersey for our club (lower left corner). We all got those yellow t-shirts last year, but a jersey is much more comfortable to ride in.


On Monday, I rode down to Confluence Park in downtown Denver. I did a little sketching on the REI patio while I sipped on my Starbucks mocha. And speaking of sketching, for my October Something Old, Something New challenge, I'm going to try sketching only in pen and ink... no pencil and no paint. It should be interesting.