Sunday, September 25, 2011

Junque Journals

I bought a kit at Archivers for making a Junque Journal. This is the most relaxing, mindless task; you just cut and paste papers together to form a book. There is no right or wrong, and the wilder you make it, the more interesting it is. When I finished, I went back to the store and bought a pack of Halloween papers and created two smaller journals using the instructions from the original kit. Fun! Fun! But I didn't stop there (I'm obsessed with this craft!). I bought some Christmas-themed papers this time, and I'm in the process of making four more journals. The thing that makes this latest hobby so bizarre is that I'm not a person who writes in journals. But I enjoy making them, so maybe I can find someone who likes to write and will take them off my hands.