Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Art Projects

I decided I needed to organize my art supplies. I had so many piles of stuff that I couldn't find anything. But in the process of cleaning up, I discovered I've been quite prolific in making journals and journal-like pieces of artwork this past year. Back in January I made a New Year's resolution to get back into art, though I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to go with it. I joined the local Collage Club and the Journal Club, bought several art books, took a few online classes, and attended Artfest in Washington. So at the end of one year, I've ended up with this massive pile of projects, most of which are not what I would classify as finished (let's say I wouldn't hang any of it on my wall). It's been a lot of fun, but maybe one of my New Year's resolutions for 2012 should be to have a garage sale.