Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mixed Media

I've been trying out some new mixed media collage techniques I picked up from various artists. The first is from Milliande - a prolific individual who loves to post tutorials on You Tube. I also threw in a few miniatures from Teesha Moore, some painted papers I made with Jane Davies, and the header from my Dad's Transit newsletter. (The colors blend much better in the real artwork - my camera didn't capture them well.) The next is from the Journal Fodder Junkies. I was able to transfer their book from my old Kindle to my new Kindle Fire, and I can now see all the artwork in color. Can you tell the Journal Junkies are guys?The last is from Traci Baudista's book Collage Unleashed. I was able to borrow this book from the library (good thing, because it's interesting, but big flowers aren't really my style). I'm actually taking an online course from Traci called Doodles Unleashed that starts tomorrow. What a way to start the New Year.