Monday, October 8, 2018

Ikea Kitchen Stool

I've been using my mom's old kitchen stools as backup seating for several years. But while "mid-century modern" is very popular right now, those stools are just too short for 21st-century-size countertops.
So I went to Ikea and bought an adjustable stool. While I like the industrial loft design with wood and black iron, I didn't like the light pine finish. So handy-dandy Bruce came to the rescue and refinished the seat. It took several tries to get the right color finish (notice all the cans of stain on the workbench), but I think he finally found a match for the kitchen.
Now when we have a guest sitting at the kitchen counter, we'll all be the same height. If we ever get more than 3 people, I guess I'll have to find an old phone book to boost them up.