Sunday, September 17, 2023

Vet Visit


Poor Charlie had to make a trip to the vet this week to get his second round of shots. I think the ride in the car was more stressful than the shots, because he had to squeeze himself into the dog carrier we used when we picked him up. He's grown a lot since then. 


But he still has that cute puppy look, which made all the vet techs spoil him and sneak him treats after his shots. One of them put a bandana around his neck, so I had to take a photo. He's learned to perfect that big-eyed look when he wants something.


This week's bike ride was along the Tallman Gulch Trail - one of my favorites, because the halfway point is the Fika Coffee House. Our weather has significantly cooled down, but it was still warm enough to sit out on the patio and enjoy the view of the mountains. The lady standing next to me in the blue shirt just moved into the neighborhood. She's from the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. She moved here to be closer to her kids. Small world.


I had 2 lunches with my Ladies Out to Lunch group this week. On Tuesday, I went to the Olive Branch Grill with my new autumn group (we change partners every 4 months). On Thursday, I met the ladies in my old summer group. We got along so well over the summer that we decided to continue meeting in the fall. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when we scheduled our lunch and we went to the exact same restaurant I ate at on Tuesday. But I wasn't as bad as one of the other ladies. She not only booked the same restaurant, but the same day and time as her new group of people. We ended up pushing the tables together and put her in the middle so she could talk to all of us. This club is getting really popular. We're already up to 180 members. It's not that tough to scramble the names each session to form new groups. I just use the random number generator in Excel. But trying to keep all my different lunch groups straight can be confusing. I've participated in 7 so far and I like them all. BTW, the Olive Branch Grill is a Mediterranean restaurant, so on Tuesday I had the gyro plate and on Thursday I had the chicken souvlaki. Thumbs up on both dishes.


After Bruce finished installing our fence, decided to make a couple peace poles from the scrap lumber. A peace pole is just another piece of garden art. Normally they have words on them, like "welcome" or "friends" or "peace." I wrote "adventure" on the side of the gold and green one, but I just continued the animal bodies on the sides of the blue one. (BTW, I only made 2 poles, not 4 - this photo is showing the front and back of each.) I haven't quite decided where to put them in the garden yet, but they were fun to make.