Thursday, June 6, 2024

Something Old, Something New June


My goal for May was to work up to riding 40 miles on my bike. But I can't seem to make it past 25, especially with all the wind and hills they have around here. So in a fit of frustration, I went downtown, test rode an eBike, and bought it. It won't be delivered until August, so I still have time to try to increase my distance. But if nothing else, I should be able to go farther when I get my new eBike, because it has a range of 60 miles and a throttle for pulling those hills.


In the meantime, I'm going back to art for my June challenge. I keep switching out the colors in my paint palette, because they just don't seem to mix well. I recently read an article on the chemistry of watercolor paints and why they do or don't mix with each other. I thought the article was fascinating, so that's what I'm going to be investigating during this next month. It should be interesting and a lot less exhausting than trying to ride 40 miles.